Kitchen Renovation – Recommendations, Reminders And Popular Design Ideas
Kitchen renovation is a major undertaking. Before you dive in, you’ll need to take a look at how you’re using your current kitchen and think about what you want your kitchen remodel to accomplish.
- What do you like about your current kitchen?
- What features are you missing in your kitchen?
- What doesn’t work with the current layout?
- How is your kitchen’s cabinet space and storage?
- What energy e cient or water-saving features are you interested in adding?
- How would your ideal kitchen look? Does it have a modern fl air? Or is it more
rustic or traditional?
- What colors do you envision in our kitchen? Do you prefer traditional white or
Kitchen Renovation – Recommendations, Reminders And Popular Design Ideas• To maximize return on the Kitchen Renovation project, limit cost to no more than 16% of home’s total, post project value
• Match appliances and fixtures to electrical circuit, hot water and gas capacities
• To keep Kitchen Renovation costs low, do not move walls or relocate plumbing fixtures or electrical boxes
• To reduce Kitchen Renovation costs, do not install flooring under base cabinets or permanent appliances
• Perform major Kitchen Renovation work with permits to help protect value at resale time
• Mount low profile fixtures underneath wall cabinets for inconspicuous, countertop task lighting
• Use low voltage interior lighting to illuminate pathways used at night
• Hide HVAC vents in cabinet kickspace for a cleaner, more streamlined look
• Install a built-in media hub to centralize storage and access of audio, video, media, internet
• Install built-in cabinet storage for trash and recycling